View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 2/4-10

QOTW: Yeah, I'm like Steven's mom! I live in the same town I grew up in. My parents live 7 min. away and both of my sisters live less than 10 min. away. We all get together every Sunday after church to eat dinner together.

DH is from Anderson, SC (about 5 hrs. from where we live). At the age of 9 his parents packed all of them up and moved here so that they could move into his dad's family homeplace. We went to HS together and moved about 10 miles away after we got married (one county over...hehehe...we went REALLY far!) Anway, when DH's parents got divorced last year we ended up with the homeplace because both his mom and dad wanted it. Long story short, the best decision was for neither to get it and it go to the next person in line to inherit the house....DH. This is why we live in a 100+ year old home in the same town that basically both of us grew up in. DH's dad now lives in MD and his mom rents our old house from us. She's already re-married and is on the road a lot with her new truck-driving husband, so neither of his parents are around much, ergo why DH is so close with MY family.

AFM: Went round and round between EI and dr. offices about DS's PT. Turns out we are now going to have to drive an hour who knows how many times a week so that we can get PT services for him. The EI program in our area only has one PT, and she wouldn't be able to get to him on a regular basis. None of the PT in town can do it because they aren't trained to work with PED patients. The closest PED PT is in Savannah, which means an hour drive for me (one way) 2-3 times a week (and that's just a guess). We have a large Suburban, so gas is going to eat us alive unless I can use my mom's little car and let her use mine on the days he has therapy. Also, that means finding a sitter for DD for those times. Everyone in my family (except one sister) works and can't take off to help me with DD. The one sister that I have that doesn't work is pg with #6, so I really hate to ask her to keep DD 2-3 x a week, KWIM? I really don't know what I'm going to do. We'll figure it out though. I may be calling in favors left and right from people to watch DD or see if I can't take her with me.