Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
m&m&m
Registered Users
sitesupporter

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingham View Post
Hi everyone,
I will be a first-time mom this fall (EDD Sept. 24) and was wondering which one-size diapers are best for newborns. I understand the benefit of newborn diapers giving room for the umbilical cord until it falls off, but are there any specific diapers that are good for newborn and up. I don't really know if I want to get a whole stash of newborn size just to have to stop using them two months later (esp. since newborns have more frequent diaper changes).
This newbie would like some help!
Generally speaking "one size" diapers are really one size fits most and are often too big (or really bulky) on a newborn since the same amount of fabric has to be there to cover a toddler's tushy too. That being said, one of the only "true" one size diapers I have found are SoftBums, I have seen them on 5lb babes and chunky toddlers. They have different sized inserts to accommodate different absorbency/trimmness needs and the slide2size (drawstring elastic) allows you to customize the fit to your baby's specific leg measurements (no in between sizing). Alternatively, going with a "two size" system also saves from having to buy several sizes and also eliminates the issue with the one size not fitting tiny babies or big toddlers (like Thirsties duo sizing)