luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Packing Lunches for Daycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
It wouldn't hurt to ask, but you have to decide ahead of time how important this is to you. If you do a simple phone call, "what is your policy on children bringing their own lunch?" then I can't imagine them thinking twice about it. If you start laying down the law, "she is only to eat what I provide, nothing else. ever. She is never to use plastic anything. ever. (etc etc)," well, then you might be labeled as a troublesome/crazy mom right off the bat. (Then again they might not blink an eye, but you never know!)

So, like I said, I'd figure out how important it is to you before you start anything, and then have a plan for how much you're going to push and what, exactly, you're going to request.
I agree with this. I think if you approach it with realistic expectations, it might work out. But as the new mom at the center, tread a bit lightly. In the 1 year old room, kiddos won't notice, but later on, kiddos will notice that your daughter eats "special" food and it may cause social issues when she is 3 or 4.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 02-05-2013 at 09:06 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote