Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #18
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Packing Lunches for Daycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I disagree with not going in at lunch. I worked in daycare for yrs and lots of moms did this at lunch time. Just like in elem school I have friends go have lunch with their kids, it's nice!
Sent from Future Dwight
That really depends on the center and the child. I was a preschool teacher and have also worked for years in daycare and preschool. In a home based one it usually works well for a parent to come in. In larger centers not so much. Especially if the child cries when left or has separation anxiety. It takes way longer for those kids to adjust to day care. It is very dependent on the child and the center. And the older they get it causes a big disruption to the class itself if multiple parents coming in and staying isn't a regular occurrence. Every center I have worked at encouraged parents to occasionally stop by but asked if you wanted to eat lunch with your child that you pick them up and return them after lunch rather then stay in the classroom. I would not be allowed at all to go into my daughter elementary school and sit to have lunch with her. For security reasons there is no way her elementary school would allow that.