View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Packing Lunches for Daycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
I'm already the crazy mom because I admitted to cosleeping. I am not an aggressive person and I would never make demands, but what my dd eats is really important to me. In a perfect world I'd be a stay at home mom and this wouldn't be a worry.

I visited te daycare once and they were totally fine with cloth diapering. I know this sounds silly, but I'm worried about being "that mom" You know what I mean? My kid isn't trained to sleep in a crib, doesn't take a bottle, no pacifier, I cloth diaper,and on top of that I don't think there food is good enough. I'm totally "that mom" I guess I just need to grow a backbone.

Thanks for reading this rant, lol
This transition can be a hard one. Take it day by day. What is the policy at the centre for outside food? What does their menu look like? I cannot imagine them having issues with lunch coming in, especially if it is all ready to go. I would get her a bento style lunchbox, with utensils and such that you like, so it is easy and all in one place.

I will also say, mama, that you would be doing your DD a favour by encouraging her to learn to nap in a crib/PNP or nap mat or something similar to what they will use at the centre. It's a lot of new-ness for everyone, and that can be one thing she can learn at home. Saying it in the nicest way-- I was a co-sleeper, too.