Thread: Pre-e
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Mom2Connor's Avatar
Mom2Connor
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,273
So I had a normal pregnancy with DS but started having a lot of the pre eclampsia signs about this time. Manageable things such as frontal migraines that came out of no where, excessive swelling in the weeks to come, circulation issues, etc.

I ended up having to have him at 38 1/2 wks after an OB appt where my BP had sky rocketed and wouldn't go down. He was an emergency c section because blood work showed HELLP syndrome.

I've been trying to be optimistic about this not happening again but I am totally stressed now because I've been having bad headaches off and on but until a couple days ago they were infrequent. A couple times a week usually. My OB approved excedrin migraine (i know, please no flames) because nothing touched these headaches and they turned into migraines that would not go away if left untreated with excedrin. Even overnight.

Now I am suddenly getting splitting painful migraines every day out of nowhere. Seriously no where. It just happened again at lunch today. I drink a coke zero and take two excedrin and it goes away fast if I take them right away.

I know I was just saying I was ready for baby to get here sooner rather than later but I am afraid if I tell the OB the signs are starting again, that they will take it too seriously this time because of my history. I have a routine 30 wk appt tomorrow. DH says I need to tell her but I'm thinking about waiting. Baby isn't done cooking yet, I know they won't deliver based on just this but if they get too jumpy too early can I refuse and wait a little longer??
__________________
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote