View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #61
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
You're absolutely right - that's what I meant, too. A multiples pregnancy can have its own different risks and issues happening, and can present a whole new world of problems (like you mentioned with placentas or sacs), but they can also be totally normal and go all the way to "real" full term with no issues, and I dislike the OBs that don't base their treatment/care on the actual facts presenting but instead just say "2 babies = high risk OMG".
One thing I hear many times is the argument that 36 weeks is full term for twins, so they push for delivery (usually pushing for a csec) at that point. IMO, if everything is looking good with mom and babies, there's no need to rush anything. Same as with a singleton.
Basically, I just think it should be judged on a case-by-case basis, kwim?
That's fair. My reading during my twin pregnancy was that twins due typically develop more quickly, like your body knows it won't be able to keep the babies as long. Although I would guess that's more in "natural" cases probably. Definitely case by case basis. I think historically that there were probably lots of unknown losses of 1 twin because we didn't have the imaging ultrasounds to know better, and the technology allows us to do things to encourage the survival of both babies who may not have both made it in the past, KWIM? But that's just guessing!

Neither of my docs was interested in doing anything to deliver the babies early before my loss, they just wanted me to be prepared to go into labor earlier because it was a stronger possibility. But after lotsa time on these boards I'm beginning to suspect I've had unusually positive experiences with doctors!

AFM: Still no job for DH. There was one that would've been perfect, but he just got notified they filled it and he didn't even get an interview. They emailed late Friday saying there was an issue with his application, but he had to call Monday and leave a message and they never got back to him so we don't even know if his application went through. I'm so mad!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote