Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
We always send Happy Birthday balloons up to Jack every year on his angel day...he's only had 2 of them but it's something we plan on doing for him every year. We don't have a grave to go to bc we chose to cremate him and keep him with us so we can't do anything with that. We also send him balloons for other holidays as well :-)

I hope your day is a peaceful one (((hugs)))
Thank you. I would love to send balloons up for her... but it's usually too cold for outdoor stuff right now, even just releasing balloons!
I may still release the one I've got though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
*hugs*
I know these feelings all too well.

For Deagan's birthday we did a cake and candles and sang him happy birthday and we all blew them out. Then we walked to the tiny lake near our house and just let the water calm us (DH and I both grew up near water and find that being at the waters edge soothes us as nothing else does). We try to plan some family outing for it---next year we are thinking of getting a cabin and going hiking.
It's just a very strange place to be. I don't think anyone who hasn't lost a child can really understand the strange dichotomy of it all.
I will never be happy or glad or thankful that Elli died... but I will also never be sad or resentful or ungrateful that Hiccup is coming to us. I still do feel like Elli had a hand in all of this somehow.

I love that idea - getting away, the family together. And I totally understand about the water being calming. Nothing better than sitting and watching the waves.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote