View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: House is for sale- how does it look? pic heavy

1. I would take down all personal pictures. Buyers want to imagine themselves in a home & that's difficult when you showcase your family. Also take down anything that showcases your personal taste or doesn't look like it is worth much $$. A blank wall is much better than a wall that has what some could consider a cheap print that isn't even their taste.

2. Make each room serve 1 clear purpose. The dinning table, clothes dresser, school desks, & day bed all sharing the same space is confusing & screams out to buyers that your home was not big enough for your needs & won't be big enough for their needs.

3. Paint each room 1 light neutral color or white. The darker golden yellow in your family room isn't for everyone. You also appear to have a couple rooms that have walls of different colors - its distracting & too personal of a color choice. Again, potential buyers are going to feel your presence in the home & that is bad.

4. Update your window treatments. They need to look new, current, & neutral. Cheap plastic blinds are a no-no as are your curtains in your family room & bedrooms.

5. Update your light fixtures & outdated calling fans. Buyers want to feel like they are taking a step up & can't when so many permanent fixtures appear to be from the bottom price limit of a big box store 10+ years ago.

6. Make your finishes match. In both a bathroom & kitchen I see gold door knobs/hinges & silver cabinet pulls. Gold door knobs & hinges are a no-no & more expensive looking hardware on all cabinetry would help to hide that it is outdated builder grade cabinetry. In yet another bathroom there is a gold door knob, stainless steel tp holder, & dark pulls on the above the toilet cabinet.

7. Get a much nicer faucet for your kitchen sink.

8. Purchase matching appliances.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote