View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Who uses Ambleside online or Charlotte Mason?

Does anyone here use Ambleside online or Charlotte Mason? Kearnan is about to complete his 5th grade year and while we have done well for 1st-4th this year was rough. It took us over 12months to complete and I think we are both feeling a bit wiped out. I've always liked the idea of Charlotte Mason or Waldorf and I am using something very similar to this with my youngest already just naturally because he forced me to. My fear with this program is how religious is it? We are a secular family (atheist with some pagan leanings) and I don't want to constantly have to constantly change the curriculum. Also how complete is it? Do you feel your child is getting a good education? How much time does it take? I want to have more time to just relax and enjoy our time together but I feel like we spend all day "putting out fires" and figuring out how to get through our school work. No one is happy. If I can either make it work so we are all doing mostly the same thing or so everyone is done in just a couple of hours and we can enjoy some nature walks, baking, documentaries and crafts I would appreciate that and so would they. My last question was, what math program do you use with it? It mentions math but I didn't see one. Maybe I didn't look hard enough though. I'm using Saxon for him right now but it takes him an hour to complete and while it is thorough and he is doing ok with it I think it may be part of the problem. I would like to shelf it for a year and just try something else. I was considering Math Mammoth or I have a subscription to Complete Curriculum that I could use the math book at. But if there is a math program here I would try it. Anything else you can say about it?
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote