View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #144
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I think part of it is calories. I noticed over the last month when I eat around 1800 to 2000 calories...that's when I lose (keep in mind I'm 205lbs)....anything less than that and I stay static or even gain!

Its really hard to eat that many paleo calories without relying on a lot of meat (which I'm not naturally a big eater of).

I I tried the suggestion on here to strain fresh juice and its much more palatable that way. What are some of your favorite juices?
I'm glad you like it!! I usually just throw in whatever I have. Not very helpful, sorry! I aim for 50/50 fruits and veggies. If it's just me drinking it I usually put in more veggies than 50% (now! I couldn't when I started!) if DD is drinking it, or my other kids are over, then I go a little heavier on the apples if I think of it - just so they'll like it, and think they like it ;-) DD usually drinks it no matter how I make it. DH is the tricky one! If he's going to drink it, I have to make sure to add more fruits or he makes fun of it! So I usually don't mind leaving fruits out, because then he won't steal it from me!

There was a pretty red "detox" juice I tried the other day, it actually had a recipe, I'll go find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I started eating tsp of coconut oil or kerrygold rofl. For a snack, I would go get a slice of butter and a piece of fruit, or some cashews. I also started drinking things like smoothies with full fat coconut milk. My favorite was coconut milk, frozen pineapple, ice and honey-- pina colada style.
That sounds so yummy! But I don't think I need more calories Altho I have no idea really. I think I'm going to join myfitnesspal and try to track calories for awhile just to see where I'm at. I've never counted calories before! I'm kinda scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Hey ladies, i need to-go snack ideas. We're planning a trip to disneyland and id like to bring at least snacks. Ill probably bring some wi th me in ny luggage but we are also going to hit a walmart or something when we get there because we need to buy diapers
Also, breakfast! The hotel we are staying at provides continental breakfastand i can eat fruit, but id love some portable protein ideas. We will probably pick up some microwave breakfast sandwiches so that may have to do unless i can find something microwavable that doesn't have bread.
You already got awesome ideas. Our go-to's are fruit leather, nuts, clementines, hard boiled eggs, nitrate free deli meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMeredith View Post
I juice twice a day. I always add some ice and a straw. It makes it all much easier to drink. I actually look forward to my juices now. I couldn't take the room temp frothy juice by itself.
oh YES! A straw cup helps immensely. I often don't care for the smell of vegetable juice, but it tastes fine. So if I put it in a straw cup I can't smell it - and I love it! The kids like it much better too if they can't smell it ;-)

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote