View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Birthday Party WWYD

My daughter is turning 5 next week. We didn't really plan a party, but she said she really wanted to go to a local pizza place that has a huge play area for kids. I'm totally fine with that, but I'm not sure how to handle our family... I am ok paying for DH and I and the kids as a splurge for DD's birthday request, but this place is pretty pricey for us (plus there is an admission charge for the play area) so we cannot afford to pay for food for anyone else.

EVERYONE keeps asking us if we are having a party for her and seem really put off when we've said no. I know they all want to see her and celebrate with us, but I really want to honor DD's request (especially since a couple weeks ago when I asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said "It doesn't matter, I'm just excited to see what I get!" ). So how would you handle this? I can't just not say anything because DD has a big 'ole mouth and will absolutely talk about it...plus I DO want them to be there, but I know it's totally tacky to say "Hey, we're having a get together at XYZ but you have to pay for your own food!" I'm just not sure how to handle it.