View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: He wants to be in our bed. period.

I have no solution. My baby is nearly 10 months and I've never tried putting him in a crib in a different room, but I know it wouldn't fly. I would never, ever let him cry though. *I* was the one that conditioned him to sleep with me and it would be cruel of him to make him cry it out.

No easy answer.. even my oldest who never coslept had a very hard time sleeping in a crib in a different room. Every night it was waking up 3-8 times, rocking him back to sleep, trying ot put him down, him waking up and crying immediately, rocking, trying to put down, rocking some more until I'd score some luck and he'd stay asleep when I put him in his crib. I was exhausted. I looked like a zombie. It is still interrupted sleep, but I feel more rested this time around cosleeping than I did with my oldest.

So as much as I might like to have my bed back some nights and some nights when he's teething and it seems like he dream nurses alllll night long... I remember and remind myself that he's only a baby once and I soon will be looking back and will I reallly want my memories to be of a screaming, crying baby? Nope... but I will look fondly back on the many nights we spent cuddling, nursing, and staring at our baby as he slept. I'm not sure when we'll be able to get him out of our bed. I do hope before 3 years old. LOL... originally my goal was by 6 months, then once 6 months came and I couldn't yet make myself move him (for my own lazyness and want for sleep and not wanting to have to get out of bed at night - AND because I LIKED snuggling with him), then it was 12 months, but now that that is nearing... I know I won't kick him out of our bed just yet.