View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Defiant little girl...I have to tell my friend that her DD can't play with DS anymore

For some background, I posted this the other day, and this back in December.

This little girl, Rosie we will call her, is really out of control. You may remember that she pounded DS with a wooden hammer on Thursday (he has a shiner too) and the more I think about all the things she does, the more I am concerned that there is something else going on. She is really smart, and manipulative, and destructive. She will be 4 in May. In the 6 months we have known her family, she has squeezed diaper cream all over my kids' bed, opened a buckwheat pillow and tossed the contents all over the kids' room, peed on the floor behind our toilet, poked a hole in our wall and in our cushion with a knitting needle, hammered DS on the face, and bitten a hole in DH's foam kneepad. It's weird stuff. I may think that it's normal for a toddler (like 1-2) to do that stuff, but is it normal for a 3 1/2 yo? It seems extreme.

I can't deal with her anymore. Her mom and I (we are pretty good friends) were going to do a kid share so we could each have some time without kids, but I don't think I can do it. Rosie is out of control. She needs someone shadowing her all the time (IMO) to prevent any further damage to my house or kids.

I'm going to talk to her mom today. I plan to say that our kids aren't getting along very well ATM and I don't think they should play. But I also somehow want to convey that her DD is out of control and I don't feel like I can trust her at our house or with my kids. That's the main reason I don't want to let them play, yeah they don't get along but we've been dealing with that for 6 months and it's fine. They LOVE playing together but they clash.

So is all this crazy behavior normal? Should I say something to her along the lines of "maybe there is someone who can help you with her?" I don't know. Any ideas?

I'm off to a b-day party but will be back later.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote