Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #121
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Sounds like everything is just fine with baby and growth in there! Definitely wouldn't be listening to the Dr's "concerns" or frets over baby being too big.

I also definitely would ask about those 3 days - for you, with your history, it could make a big difference come days "late". Normally they'll start with basing EDD on LMP, then they will change based on u/s, but only if there's a week or more difference (or very close to, like 6 days).
Hiccup measured 4 days ahead at our u/s, so technically I may be due the 10th - but neither my Dr or the OB changed my official EDD (14th). I'm very glad for that! If I'm due the 10th, truly, that's fine and doesn't change anything with thinking the 14th. But if I'm really due the 14th, and we go off the 10th for overdue, then that's 4 days less until 42 weeks, kwim?
And, no matter what, "sometime in April" works as my "due month"!

With Isaac, I did take issue with the dates they kept giving me. LMP EDD was May 18th, first u/s at 6wks said May 24th - but I had a large SCH and they never took that into account, SCH's can have an affect on baby's growth. Later u/s gave us May 9th. That's quite a serious difference, IMO.
When I first met with the MW we decided to go with LMP date, instead of the early u/s, because of the other factors involved. Come the end of April and into May, when my body kept up contractions for weeks, the MWs suddenly said "You have lots of time, you're not due until the 24th and we'll wait 2 weeks after that even."
He was delivered on May 19th... and he was definitely overdue. I don't know the condition of the placenta, but it still bothers me to think about the what if's - what if I had listened to them and let them placate me, waiting 2 weeks after the 24th... would he even have survived that long...
I'm definitely going to ask about the due date. The first ultrasound (at 12 weeks at a different OB) had the baby measure exactly on with my LMP due date.

How do you know that Isaac was definitely overdue? With DD1 (11 days overdue), my midwife said she did not look like an overdue baby and said that maybe my dates were off, which I knew the exact date of ovulation, and even implantation...I felt it. I took an EPT at 7 days post ovulation, so I knew my due date couldn't have been much later.

With DD2, I wasn't sure. She didn't look overdue and the placenta looked fine I think. But the sac was in shreds. My midwife was trying to piece it together to make sure it all came out, but it was nearly impossible for her to do. There actually was a tiny bit of it left in me, and it came out when we were in Yosemite 2 weeks after baby was born...not fun when you have to take care of lots of bleeding in a national park outhouse, and I was out of pads.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote