View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What was the thriftiest decision or change your family made?

Making a commitment early on in our marriage to NEVER finance anything ever again! I know sooo many people who are making 2 car payments, a boat payment (we have 100 lakes in our county), furniture payments, credit card payments, etc. Dh and I make 25-50% less than most of our friends and we live just as well and when we were all younger (thus making even less than we do now) we were often the only ones who could come up with larger amounts of cash at a moments notice (500-1000). We financed a used car for dh last year (exactly one year ago and I hate that payment) and realized it was the first time in 20 years (our 20yo was an infant) we'd made a car payment. We will pay the car off this year and have recommitted to never financing anything ever again. Dh should have waited a year (until now) before he bought something.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote