Old 02-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #180
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Feb 4 - Feb 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
We majorly upped the budget when dh went gluten free, and I started trying to loose weight, which was about the same time we became debt free and finished the EF. We had decided that since we are back in debt again it needed to be cut again. We used to do $200 a month for our family of 3. Then when we upped it we went $400. We'll we decided to compromise and go $250. But last month I ended up using $50 of my gas and scrounging around from all the other budgets to cover it. And here we are 10 days into the month and I've spent almost $200 already. I know I can do better I just need to. I have dry beans soaking on the counter right now. I needed canned beans for soup this week, but realized that I could get dry beans for 1/3 the price so dry beans it is. It's just hard for me sometimes. I want to do all these great money saving things, but I"m also working full time, and have to cook most things from scratch so dh can eat them. But I guess for a while we'll be using even less convenience food than we already were.
grocery budgets can be hard to juggle week to week esp if you are on a special diet. and esp if you are trying to cut out/eliminate convenience foods, you not only have to budget the $$ but the time as well. part of it may also be that some of the things are initial expenses, but may not be every day/week expenses. for example, if you have to buy a gluten free baking mix or rice flour, you may not need that every week, but it's a huge hit on the week you have to buy it. just keep tweeking it and eventually you'll get it
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote