DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you limit food intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
My oldest (5) eats SO MUCH. 3-4 helpings at dinner. I make very healthy, well-rounded meals, but I still wonder if I should be limiting how much he eats. I certainly don't want him to be hungry. He has breakfast (usually 2 bowls of whole grain cereal...nothing sugary), a snack at school (actual item varies, but I trust her), a lunch that we pack (lunchable--that's his treat, apple or applesauce, fruit snacks, juice, a cracker item (teddy grahams, animal crackers)), then a snack at home (varies, but usually fruit) and dinner. I always use cauliflower or sweet potatoes instead of potatoes, limit pastas, etc. Is it "safe" to let him eat til he's full??
Do you always do lunchables? Those are really high in sodium. Maybe you could make your own? I would also replace some of the sugar and carbs. Veggies instead of fruit snacks, something to replace the cracker item since you probably already have crackers in the lunchable. For breakfast maybe limit the cereal to one bowl and add a piece of fruit? If you're worried I would just do unlimited veggie and fruits, no seconds on anything starchy/carbs. I would up the protein too.