View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #30
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

I have been married for 15 years and we have made very little money all this time, yet we somehow manage to reduce debt and live within our means.

I just have to recommend the movie "Happy". It's a documentary of the science of happiness. The most striking statistic on that movie is that wether you make $50,000 a year or $500,000,000 a year, your happiness does not change. We made our teenagers watch the movie as well.

A few things that help us:

We own 2 junky cars. We purchased them used. They are both Hondas and pretty reliable. We have zero car payments.

We are back and forth on tv service. We cancelled our satellite again in November so we could pay the more necessary bills.

I coupon so that we pay very little for food and Health and beauty items. Not only that, I get to help out a friend in need with the free and cheap Items I aquire.

I sell on eBay. Mostly stuff Just sitting around the house that we no longer use. I have also started looking for high quality items at thrift stores to sell for a profit.

Decluttering has made me money lately. I purged all if our CDs and the majority of our books. I got rid of a few DVDs. So far I have made over $100. That's not including the check from the used book store they will be mailing me next week.

Don't be afraid to think outside the box.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum