View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reading program for a 5 year old

My twins just turned 5 in Dec. I just signed them up for Reading Eggs at readingeggs.com. It is an online program. Today is our first day, but I think it looks super fun and my daughter really enjoyed it today. My son hasn't tried it yet, but he will later. He was watching over her shoulder and very interested. My 7 year old wants to do it too.

You can get a 14 day free trial, which is what we are doing. Plus you can google free codes and get about 2 more months free.

Mine don't technically start K till Fall of next year, when they will be almost 6. My oldest has an Oct b-day, so he was really about to turn 6 when he started K. In fact, my last baby is also an Oct baby and my one prayer regarding the day he was born was that it would be into Oct and not Sept because of the school cut off age. We homeschool, so it doesn't matter much, but in our state, it still matters. I'm happy to have "older" K'ers as I think they are more ready from a maturity standpoint which I actually think is more important.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-11-2013 at 09:02 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote