View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Queen of Denial
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: How Do You Deal With Other People

I did a bit with each of my kids. It was a large part of the reason I weaned my oldest when I did. I was being pressured by my husband and mother to wean. Now mind you my daughter was nearing 4 years of age so not a small baby anymore. Still, neither she nor I were ready to wean. My second was almost 4 when I was uncomfortable nursing. I think popular opinion had some to do with that as well. This time I plan on ignoring popular opinion and letting my youngest wean when he is ready without any encouragement from me. This being my third it is a bit easier to ignore the nay sayers. But, I am in different area with a different group of friends. They have not accustomed themselves to my "strange ways" yet. Sometimes I think it would be easier to be back in our old congregation where everyone was used to me and my "strange" ideas. By the time we moved they were just like,"Oh, that's just her. She is just a bit different." It is okay to be different or "strange". We don't have to be the same to be friends. It does take an adjustment period though for people to get used to me and my being just a bit different. None of them have any idea what crunchy means. Nor did they ever consider extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping, or cloth diapers(one did do cloth).