View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who uses Ambleside online or Charlotte Mason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551 View Post
We don't do all subjects every day. You will need to provide him with lots of support (especially in the beginning). You may even need to go down a level or two so that the info is more accessible.
Well with him being SN and needing help in certain subjects and my youngest being gifted and advanced in areas it may be possible to meet them in the middle. I bought Life of Fred for Kearnan for math next year, I expect he will probably be able to handle that on his own as he is gifted in math he just wasn't loving Saxon. We will continue with Spell By Color year two, I think it fits well with the Charlotte Mason approach and I know he can do it on his own. That just leaves me trying to decide what to do as far as history, science, and the core reading. I don't think it would be a problem to choose books that fit both of my boys considering Kearnan is immature for his age (his emotional and developmental level is more at his brother's level) then Tharen will continue with his phonics program and they can both do copy work. I would like to see them both do more writing.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote