Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EPing, sick, low supply lower....wwyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonarai View Post
Definitely do the high protein foods. I'm pregnant and EPing right now and am eating up to 6 eggs a day(I like mine fried omelet style in coconut oil(unrefined for a light coconut flavor) with ketchup, since it covers up most of the "eggy" taste), plus fatty meats cooked rare and plenty of dark, leafy greens(Spinach, swiss chard, kale, a little romaine lettuce) and carrots. Also cheese if your LO can tolerate you eating dairy. Bone stock is another thing that is wonderful for milk supply and over all nutrition. I boil a bunch of soup bones(I prefer beef, but chicken and especially lamb work well too) for 8 hours with a little salt(only a little, more can be added later), then strain out solids, place the pot in a sink full of cold water to cool quickly so bacteria doesn't have as much time to grow, and then divide it into 8oz servings to freeze. Whenever I need to drink some, I just place the bag of stock into a sink of hot water to defrost, and then heat it up further on the stove(Don't use the microwave, as it will destroy a lot of the nutrients in this), where I can add extra veggies, meat or salt as desired. Or sometimes I will just add a little milk and salt to it in a glass and chug it. Not the tastiest thing ever, but it works.

Oatmeal works well too.
thanks. i think the problem is that ive had no appetite and been nauseous (while taking 120+ mg or domperidone a day) im trying to eat high protein foods and oatmel when possible though
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote