Thread: Can't leave DD
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can't leave DD

My advice...she will only be a little baby for a few more months, so cherish this time. It may be inconvenient and confining at times for her to prefer Mommy, but it isn't a "problem" that anyone caused or that really needs fixing. It is absolutely stressful to try to soothe a cranky, tired, crying baby, so recognize that when you do leave her with your DH and offer him encouragement. My DH gets irritated with me too when he has a rough night with the girls, but it is good for all of them occasionally to work it out themselves. DH (and a lot of other Dads I know) seem to think babies only cry when they need to nurse, so he tends to pass her off if I am home and she cries. He is much more willing to take the lead with my 2 year old since he can talk to her and determine her needs. My kids always preferred me at bedtime as babies. It doesn't mean my DH didn't take enough responsibility or I didn't leave them enough. Babies want their Mommies and that is the biological norm. I agree that you could try to leave him with her at her happy times for short stents, mainly to build his confidence as a caregiver.

Last edited by juliasmom; 02-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.
juliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote