Thread: Can't leave DD
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can't leave DD

I don't think it's your fault at all, some kiddos are just born this way. Circumstances may encourage it a little, for instance you staying at home. BUT she would still need the attachment with someone, so it's best it's you. Or, she may still be upset even if you left her regularly. I've heard from several day care providers there are babies that just cry all day no matter what.

My first was nothing like this, in fact would prefer most of the time not to be held and when she was could care less who was holding her. My second was the total opposite and much like your dd. My husband didn't really like her (as awful as that sounds) or at least spending time with her for the first 12 months because all she would do is cry when he had her. We didn't do anything different between the two, they were just born different. It will get much better as time goes on but I know now is tough for everyone. Just figure out what you need to do to keep your sanity even if it means she has to cry for a little while. The rest of the time enjoy the cuddles and that she finds so much comfort in you.