View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pups and chickens

I was unsuccessful with my shih tzu mix house dog. She just wants to get them so bad!

We had an incident a while back:
I went out very early in the morning when it was freezing to give the chickens water. I opened the run and one hen got into the yard just as ds had gotten up and opened the back door to look for me.....and let the dog out.
Oh.my. Now, I am not a good morning person. I was in my pj's with my robe and farm boots on. My hair looked like one of those troll pencil tops, and it was barely dawn. I live in a subdivision. As soon as the chicken got out the dog was in hot pursuit. The chicken was squawking like mad as the dog chased it and I chased the dog screaming for her to "leave it" all around my back yard. My new neighbor (whom I had not yet met) comes flying out his back door to see what the commotion was and his raised back deck pretty much overlooks my fenced in yard. What a sight!

I did get the dog before she got the chicken. It made for a interesting first convo with the new neighbors.

I don't think my dog will ever be able to be out with the chickens. Sometimes it seems like she doesn't give them a second thought, and the next it seems like she is just waiting for her opportunity. *sigh*