View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Prepping siblings

DD will be 2.5 when the baby is born.

We got her a great book 'I'm a big sister!' that she adores. She knows there's a baby in my belly (I mean.. to the extent she can 'know'.. she repeats it), but she also just assumes daddy has a baby in his belly too.. lol the other day she noticed that my belly and my friend who is due in March - her belly were both big and she went back and forth touching them.. so I think she sees that something is.... different about something.

we moved her to her 'big girl room' and she said that the toddler bed was her little bed. I have been telling her that's the baby's bed, but it will be easier when we actually put the crib side back on.

with a child that young though, I don't know that there's much more to do.

I have been considering getting her a 'nursing nina' cat stuffed animal that has all these little kittens with magnets in their mouths that stick to the momma cat (there are also dogs, pigs and maybe a couple other animal options). but I haven't gone that far yet.

also been considering getting her a matching baby doll carrier so she can carry her baby as I carry my baby. We did finally get her a doll actually. not that she cares about it though :P