View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Can't leave DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
This is what worked for us, too, but I'll add the caveat that if you want to set them both up for success, you should time your outings carefully at first. Don't leave just before bedtime when everyone's tired and frustrated; leave right after she's woken up from a nap and nursed and is in a happy mood. Start with being gone for shorter periods of time, and work your way up longer outings.
Yes, this. Some kids are just more attached and need mama more, some take to being cared for by Daddy a little easier. It will make your life a LOT easier if you gently start working on this now. This doesn't mean she won't still be an attached baby wanting to be worn all the time though. I say this as I'm sitting here with my very snuggly 3yo squished up against me lol. He was like that too, but eventually we encouraged him gently that Daddy time was great and also encouraged healthy sleep habits. He is still a very attached little boy and would probably love it if he still coslept and was worn (which we haven't done since he was a year). We are definitely an attachment parenting household...but we do set limits so that mama doesn't go crazy

It is totally okay to take care of your needs. That helps your baby too
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote