View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Kanakukrocks
Registered Users

Am I a candidate for cloth?

So I am new to the idea of cloth diapering. I have recently started babywearing and as a result I have become interested in attempting cloth diapering. At this point my husband still believes that cloth would not save us much money when all the time, water, and electricity is added up. So far disposables have been working well for us in the sense of not experiencing any blowouts or rashes. My son is 4 months and still goes through about 10-12 diapers a day. That would mean that I would have to do laundry at least every other day. My husband and I are very slack when it comes to laundry...we do it once every week or two...when we run out of clothes. Lol. I know at this point cloth wouldn't be too much of a hassle since little one is EBF. My husband is concerned that the diapers will become very high maintenance once solids are introduced. With that said, do you even think we would be candidates for cloth? If so, what would be your recommendation for the simplest, low maintenance cloth diapers? How long could we really stretch between washes before the stench takes over our house? Do all cloth diapers have to be stripped at some point or is there a way to avoid that process? Also, is it really necessary to do an extra rinse...that's where my husband feels that the cost would not be worth it? I personally would love to attempt cloth, especially for the cute factor, BUT I'm just not sure if it fits our family phlegmatic style.
Kanakukrocks is offline   Reply With Quote