View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your child's class have a room parent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
My oldest is just now in preschool, and we don't have a room parent. Is it possible that her role hasn't been well defined and she doesn't know what's expected of her? I've never even heard of a room parent until DS.
Oh she definitely knows! I wish I could give her the benefit of the doubt. We met her in the beginning of the year at the welcome event. DH, who is really quiet and never says bad things about anyone, said immediately when we got home how full of herself she was. She went on and on about how she was going to do this because she hated how her older kid's room parent didn't do anything or how they skimped on things. And how she hoped she wouldn't have to chase down all the parents to get them to help. Ironic now because I'm the one chasing her down to get things done. I almost think she volunteered for the title and now is too embarrassed to step down. Either way, it's frustrating because the kids are the ones who lose out.