View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My DD has a rash no matter what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGreen2011 View Post
Is it a rash or perhaps excema? I thought my son had a rash so we started using baby powder at every change. Baby powder is frowned upon since it can be harmful, but I was desperate. It worked for a bit then stopped. I took baby to the doc and found out its excema (which we knew he had) that's aggravated by the diapers. So basically he'll have it until he's PL'ed. It's not serious and doesn't seem to bother him, but we've been bathing him in Cerave wash and that seems to have helped some.

From my iPhone, probably while BF'ing.
It might be. My DH says it's normal for babies to have rashes all the time I disagree but wonder if this is the case with DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
Where is she getting this bumpy rash? Have you tried any type of regular ointment in the area, just a thin layer to help protect her skin? My son always had to have stay-dry as well as breathable covers or he'd be rashy too. I think you're doing the right thing w/the breathable wool. What kind of stay-dry liners are you using?
It's above her labia. We're using fleece liners right now. I left them off today and just have cotton on her and I put Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm on her. Hope it helps. I also put some CJ's BUTTer Plus thinking that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechick77 View Post
We found that an oatmeal bath soak like Aveeno helped short term and DS had eczema and other rashes. We had a lot of rash issues so for us Tide seemed to help plus occasionally boiling or small amount of bleach to get them extra clean. It took a long time to figure out that for us it was not a rinse issue but getting them clean enough.
I started adding a little bleach to every wash load but wonder if maybe I need to strip them now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
I have so been there I loved CDing my other 4 (for the most part), but it has become such a struggle with my 18mo. I actually sort of hate cloth at this point and wish he was PLed. It is working for him right now though, so I stick with it despite not enjoying it I have found that he absolutely cannot handle detergents with optical brighteners and enzymes. I know we talked about it before, but Country Save (with a vinegar rinse) has been a total lifesaver for us. He is fine even in PUL now that has been washed only ever in Country Save, which is a huge deal for us. He still gets rashy if I don't change super frequently or if he poops during nap (which is daily it seems). Just FYI, but when I tried switching to natural disposables he had just as many rashes. Some kids are just sensitive.

I've had the best luck sticking with plain organic cotton, making sure he is cleaned and fully dried at each change and then using coconut oil as a barrier. We actually have had better luck with Pampers sensitive wipes over natural sposie wipes or even cloth with gentle wipes solutions. They work better for him than even plain water actually. I know that I've met a few other mamas that have found the same.
Thanks for the tips! I will have to look for those wipes next time I go to the store. I've been using coconut oil plus a little Dr. Bronner's baby mild in our wipes solution.