View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServingHim View Post
I knew what both you mamas would say!

I really like the fit of flips and the leg elastic but not a fan of exposed PUL. I'm wondering if it will make my LO sweaty in the Texas heat this summer. I'm just thinking plastic vs fabric against the skin.
I also want to move to aplix and am not so sure about bg aplix.
I have a grovia and both types of softbums OTW to try out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
I do agree with you on the exposed PUL and aplix. I have to say using the new organic daytime flats they stay put and can be folded nice and wide so that PUL is really not touching the skin. I love that snaps stay nice, but honestly I HATE snapping diapers after this many years. I am all about aplix since it goes on like a sposie. As long as I am careful about fastening the laundry tabs on Flips and not drying in the dryer ALL the time, I have had Flips last years.

I actually passed down some to a friend a year ago that were a year old and she has used them exclusively ever since. I think she has 6 or 8 of them? They don't look perfectly new, but they look good enough and work perfectly. That was what actually convinced me to just stick with the aplix Flips. I *almost* got snap Flips and I'm so glad I changed my mind because I would have probably stuck with disposables

ETA: Not a fan of Grovia or Softbums. Grovia left terrible red marks and we can do the fleece inners from Softbums nor did I think they were that great of quality. If Grovia hadn't left red marks I might have liked them otherwise.

Last edited by FernHollow; 02-13-2013 at 04:55 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote