View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are there any dangers to harnessing a child past a certain age?

Assuming they are within the height/weight restrictions of the seat they are in? I ask because I belong to another carseat group and it seems like anytime anyone mentions harnessing a child past 6 ish they automatically go to "there is no reason to continue harnessing, they are just as safe in a booster" and continue to drive that point home. I understand that after a certain point if the child is mature enough to sit in a booster there is no evidence that harnessing is safer but I just want to make sure that it's not a matter of harnessing being less safe.

I have a 6.5 year old, we toyed with the idea of a booster but she has SPD and likely adhd and even without that I just don't feel like I'm ready to allow her to use a booster. She has almost outgrown her Marathon so we are shopping for new seats. Price is not a concern and we had originally planned the Nautilus but she didn't like it but did like the frontier. She is a tiny 6.5 and has tons of growing room in the frontier and like I said price is not an issue for carseats but I want to make sure there isn't something I am missing and that it's just a matter of boostering and harnessing are both equally as safe and not an issue of harnessing becoming dangerous after a certain point. I just want to feel confident that she is riding the safest way she can and boosters make me nervous. My husband is going to get a booster for his car, she only rides with him for short trips (less than 3 or 4 miles from home all city driving) so that's where she will be booster trained in case of an emergency but we are talking about the frontier for my car which she is in 99.9 percent of the time.