View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best Swim Diaper?

Swim diapers are just poop containment only...so wait until you are ready to go for a dip before you put one on, otherwise you WILL get peed on. (Ask me how I know.)

My toddler has been in swimming lessons weekly for a while now, and I have tried ALL the swim diapers. My hands down favorite is a GroVia snap shell. I have one shell that has been relegated to swimming only, and it's so easy to put on and take off. And if there is poop, you down have to pull it down. The leg elastic does a really great job holding solids in...there is no escaping this shell.

My second favorite is the Imse Vimse swim diaper. While it is intended to be a pull up/down, it does have snaps on one leg in case you have a poop situation. It's a good shell.

My least favorite is the Charlie Banana swim diaper. It has an internal lining that balloons up when it gets wet...kind of like how a baggy swimsuit will trap air. It can get my son off balance because of the trapped air.

Many say you can just use a pocket shell as a swim cover, so if you are tight on space, you can do that too. But then you have wet and drippy fleece/microsuede to deal with.

If I were you and you do not have any GroVia covers, get a cheap one off the FS board. As long as the elastics and snaps are good, that is all you need!