View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mind if I hop in with a?

Hello ladies. I was wondering if I could ask you all a quick question.

I nanny for 12 week old twins. Their mother breastfeeds them, and then pumps at work and I give them the milk in a bottle. The first week I was here her supply was good and they got all breastmilk. Sometime over the weekend she got behind in pumping so I have been having to supplement with formula. Usually an ounce, maybe more depending on how much milk she leaves me. She doesn't seem to pump as much as she can actually feed them as well, so that is the biggest issue now. They seem to get full when she breastfeeds them, but what she pumps isn't enough for them from the bottle. With the bottle they drink 3oz, but in the past couple days they are acting like they want to ho up to 3.5-4oz.

Anyway, she has been having me give them each vitamin d drops each day. My question is, since they are getting formula, at what point should they stop getting the drops? Do they need to be getting a certain amount of formula per day? She usually feeds them right before I get here, then comes home at 1pm to feed them again. Most days they get on average of 2-4oz of formula, but if mom can't make it home they voild get up to 6oz.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote