Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #29
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: quick, healthy hot breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
Pioneer woman had something I made about 6 months ago. It was something like a French toast bake. I used organic whole grain bread, and I halved the crumble mix that was on top (I figured its no less healthy than syrup, so I didn't mind that there was sugar in the crumble). I can't remember if it called for dairy, but if it did I would have used rice milk and earth balance butter since YDS is dairy allergic. You prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven. It made enough for 2 breakfasts for my family. I'll see if I can find it if you're interested
I think I have it book marked already. I want to try but DH (my problem child- in picky eating, dd is the one with allergies) has issues with things being too eggy. You would not believe how long it took me to get pancakes and regular french toast at the right egg level.