View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blood spot on ultrasound.

I had a SCH (possibly more than one, or just one that would never resolve) from 8w5d to around 20w and am currently at 34w5d with a very active and healthy little bean

You should definitely take it easy as much as you can, as there are some risks that come with an SCH that could cause some complications.... BUT it can also turn out just fine. My doc asked me what kind of job I had (desk job working at home) and said that if I was on my feet or did strenuous activity they would sign me out for work until the SCH cleared up, just as a precaution. Maybe that's what they were thinking for you?

I also had to teach my VERY clingy 3 year old to hold my hand instead of being carried, and it was tough, but it was necessary. I just made sure we had lots and lots of extra snuggle time on the couch/bed/recliner/wherever to get through that. I was cleared at around 24 weeks to resume normal activity, but by that time I was so weak from just sitting around that I couldn't even do much at that point. And of course as the belly grows it gets even more difficult to pick up your LO or do much of anything anyway .

Good luck mama!

ETA: My SCH bled off and on for months, and I did notice that when I was more active there would be more bleeding. I can't say for sure that activity actually caused the SCH to bleed more, but I would get bright red blood after more activity and that scared me enough to get myself back to the couch for the rest of the time. I've also been on baby asprin the whole pregnancy as a general precaution, but I have a history of unexplained losses so we did a lot of extras that you might not have to.

Last edited by emeyer76; 02-15-2013 at 10:03 AM.
emeyer76 is offline   Reply With Quote