Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this punishment enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
He's almost 9. I feel like I really need to do a harsh punishment because he has been lying so much. I've been catching him in lies almost every day. He's writing 100 sentences because last time he only had to do 50 and he doesn't seem to be getting it.

I don't want him to sign my initials. Ever. If I looked at it and forgot to sign, I would feel bad. But I didn't see his planner because he forgot to bring it home. He would have lost 2 character counters and he would not have been able to attend the vacation party. I feel like he is old enough to be responsible for bringing home his planner daily and if he forgets, he should suffer the consequences ie not attend the reward party at the end of the week. I know he did it because he would not have been able to attend the party.

I am really surprised that some folks wouldn't punish at all. I feel like I'm being easy on him.
Have you ever forgotten something as an adult?
Obviously lying needs to be addressed, and its just an awful stage that they work through eventually, but the punishment I think would be most effective to prove the point would be to go with him before class or after and have him explain to his teacher, in front of you, what he did. He'll lose his points and not get the party, and that seems like a good consequence for lying.
I wouldn't punish him for forgetting something, it would be hypocritical. My mom always trusted me to sign stuff if I needed too, and I was always honest with her about what I was signing.