View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

Love, love, love ME Sandy's, AIO and Bedwetter pants!

(I must say I did not feel the love for MEOS; not enough adjustability and the closure style just didn't seem to fit my dd's shape correctly.)

ME Sandy's: Our nighttime diap for over a year (once I finally tried them!) We started out with prefolds, then AIOs but she started to leak out of them as she got older, tried the MEOS, and eventually found a Sandy's at my local diaper store and gave it a try. Wow! I bought 3 more right away. I love the fit (perfect coverage), the fact that they absolutely never leaked (paired with a Sandy's stay-dry liner with a hemp doubler underneath), and they are just so thick a squishy, I just felt like I was putting something clean and wholesome on her that I knew wouldn't turn her into a soggy mess overnight!

AIO: I've used tons of AIOs for outings (OsoCozy, Bottombumpers, BGEs, etc.) and loved them each for their own reasons (esp. trimness), but they all had "leak limits" that, as she grew, no longer made them outing-safe. The ME AIOs are cut exactly the same as Sandy's, so the fit is perfect on her. Yes, they are a bit poofy, but they never leak! The generous sizing also leaves plenty of room to lay in extra liners, making them long-car-trip safe, as well as outing-safe! I use them for naps too, and sometimes even overnight. With a Thirsties Fab doubler (or Sandy's) and a hemp doubler under that, they are great at night too. The elastic is gentle enough that they can be pulled up and down for early potty learning, which is why I've invested in even more lately. As I approach the end of my cding days, I am phasing out prefolds and pockets and investing in more ME AIOs to simplify the diapering process, knowing they will serve double-duty as early trainers!

Bedwetter pants: When our L Sandy's started to get a little tight on my dd, I thought about getting the Toddlease size, but that would also mean buying more MEAF XL covers ($$). I was starting to get tired of the fitted-and-cover combo anyway, preferring a one-step diapering solution, especially as we move into potty learning, an easy pull-up style was preferable. I was hesitant to try the Bedwetter pant, because the crotch was much narrower than the Sandy's or AIO, I was afraid it would leak. Silly me! They absorb a ton, have never leaked, and are super easy: no stuffing, no laying in liners, nothing. Just pull it up, and she's set for the night!

I have tried a lot of diapers for the "cuteness" factor, bright colors, fun prints, etc., but the trade-off for the cuteness is usually leaks, or a ton of inconvenience in order to avoid leaks (extra stuffing, doublers, etc.) After spending almost a year trying tons of styles and brands, I came to love the simple functionality of ME products. No fads, no fashion, they just work! Thanks, ME!

Last edited by AHASRADA; 02-17-2013 at 06:45 AM.
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote