Old 02-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #102
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this punishment enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Have you ever forgotten something as an adult?
Obviously lying needs to be addressed, and its just an awful stage that they work through eventually, but the punishment I think would be most effective to prove the point would be to go with him before class or after and have him explain to his teacher, in front of you, what he did. He'll lose his points and not get the party, and that seems like a good consequence for lying.
I wouldn't punish him for forgetting something, it would be hypocritical. My mom always trusted me to sign stuff if I needed too, and I was always honest with her about what I was signing.
How do you think that people learn to be responsible and remember things? they have to be TAUGHT as children. if they continually forget, then they need to be taught skills that help them remember. So while, yes, I certainly DO forget things as an adult, those things come with consequences too. It's prudent to teach a child that ALL actions have consequences, because later in life, while I certainly don't have to write lines or miss a sleepover, the concept is the same.

OP your punishment was not excessive at all. Age appropriate and hopefully is enough to get the point across.

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote