View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #105
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Re: Is this punishment enough?

My child would have lost the sleepover for signing my name. I would also ask that he lose next weeks binder reward for cheating to get the last one. I would not have him write out sentences just because I don't think they would be an effective tool for my boy.

I remember writing sentences in school. I don't remember why I ever had to write them but I remember how I did it; I'd write the first word x number of times then the next word, then the next. It wasn't really a deterrent.

ETA: It's hard to say if it was "enough" punishment or "too harsh" because I don't know your child. If you feel like he gets why he was punished and will learn from it then it was enough. If he continues to make the same mistakes I might then consider other techniques. I can always tell if I've gone/am going too far as my kids eyes will glass over. I can then tell I've used too many words or have piled on too much, and whatever I'm trying to convey would potential get lost on them.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene

Last edited by sojomisa; 02-17-2013 at 06:10 PM.
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote