View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gluten free lunches

Okay, this is going to sound harsh but... Your kids seem to be awfully picky eaters. There is really very little I can put in front of my kids that they won't eat. Are you or your DH picky eaters? That can make a big difference... Even if you think you're hiding it from them, they'll figure you out (just ask my DH, lol). Also they recommend serving something at least ten times -prepared the exact same way- to a child before deciding they really won't eat it... My example of this is my oldest and beets. She wouldn't eat them, just picked around them, but we just kept putting a few on her plate. Finally one day (maybe the 8th time we had the same meal) she picked one up and took a bite. Now she'll eat all the beets off her plate and mine as well if I let her! I've even caught her conning her sister out of her beets.

I'm not trying to be judgmental, maybe you've tried that. I just noticed that your posts list a lot of foods your kids refuse to eat and you seem to be pulling your hair out trying to feed them. I also see a lot of moms jumping through all sorts of hoops trying to find foods their kids will eat (because we all want the best for our kids) when sometimes you just have to feed them the same beets 8 times... does that make sense?

Now, to more directly answer your question We go through a lot of tortilla chips, lol. Chips, veggies, and hummus. Chips and beans and veggies. Chips with salmon salad (like tuna salad but with canned salmon- this is another one we had to serve a few times for the kids to get used to it... now we have to make double batches, lol). We do sometimes do sandwiches, but not often. Another easy lunch is rice and beans. You can cook it up ahead of time and reheat for lunches. Or rice with veggies, fried rice, etc. Smoothies can be lunch too (heck, we had smoothies for dinner tonight )
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote