View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Having a mini-stroke, please advise me!

OK the plan has been for me and the kids to move home in March so that I can finish my RN. We've already dropped $10k into it, and I'm only $4k from graduating, and if I can get any grants to help, that would be awesome. I can't finish my RN here in CA because of their budget crisis. Not only are they not really accepting new students, but they have a 3-4 year waiting list. Plus they want me to retake at least 4 classes and labs, which will cost my astronomical amounts. And honestly, retaking the classes plus childcare all while not being able to get into their nursing programs ANYWAY (we're military and only here 3-4 years) is just dumb.

So the original plan was : Dh stays in the barracks, i move home and get a house and thats it. We save $2000 a month for any problems and visits...

Butttttt.... they're remodeling the BEQ. It will only take 6 weeks (which in military terms is what, 6 months? lol) but those 6 weeks are *right* when we need tham, as soon as we put out the $$ to get me into a place. And I'm crunching numbers left and right, but i just don't know if its possible. An apartment HERE will run probably $1300+, and a small apartment back home will run $800. That takes all but $200 of his housing allowance. Plus we have utilities and groceries and gas and books.. and i just dont know if I can do it, thinking about needing to pay for visits for him to see us.... and ugh...

i know its only for like 2 months but what if it doesnt change? what if we're stuck paying for 2 apartments for the entire 18 months??

talk me down, please, before i have a nervous breakdown. We *just* got out of debt, i don't want to get back IN it?

We do have about $8k in savings as well, but that definitely wouldnt cover 3-6 months of seperate expenses...
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote