View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
lingon
Registered Users
seller

pre-dissolve country save?

I just discovered, if I dissolve country save in hot water before adding it to the laundry, my dipes get MUCH cleaner (even with a hot wash). I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do this - it seems to take almost half a gallon of HOT water to dissolve.

I have a front loader, I use the half scoop of country save, and then 2 TB of washing soda, and wash on hot. It takes forever to get hot water to my machine, so I start the machine first, on hot (have already done two rinses in cold, so dipes are already in the machine). After a bit, I run the faucet, it takes about 1/2 gallon to get hot, I dump that water in the machine. Then I fill the container again with the hot water, dump in the soap, and swish it around for a while. There are still some particles in the bottom. So I pour the soapy water into the machine, and add some more hot water to the container, and pour that into the machine. Then I rinse the container a bit, pour that in, and start the machine.

This is not very simple. I don't see how I could get it to dissolve in "a little bit" of hot water. It also seems that it's not good to mix it ahead of time, as the hydrogen peroxide it's generating will gas out.

Anyway, does anyone else have this issue? At least, I have seen my dd's rash improve since using cs, but I'd love an easier way.
lingon is online now   Reply With Quote