View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

First I want to be totally clear we are happily married - this is strictly for discussion/curiosity purposes only! I think dads should have equal rights, but I joked to DH that I might put my name choice (babys first name) on the BC instead of his. I would never actually do that but it got us thinking....

I know mom doesn't have to use the fathers last name. I am assuming mom has 100% say in the name, period? First middle and last? Whether married, seperated, divorced, etc? Does the father never have any say period?

And not to debate circing in and of itself, but I assume that's moms say as well, either way?

I mean, I don't even have to let him in the room YK, so how could he debate name, etc? I guess he could try for a court order but I wouldn't see it being successful. Again, totally hypothetical in our case. I DO believe the father should get to make these decisions equally.

Edited because I wasn't clear - I am wondering about the legal side. Totally ok to debate the moral side but I am just curious about legally, does mom get the final say in these things?

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 02-20-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote