Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
Has your child ever been on TV? UPDATE

My husband's uncle called a month ago and asked if I'd let Gigi (4yo) be in a health insurance commercial, because he was going to be in it as "the old guy" and they wanted him to be grandfatherly to a 4-7 year old. He doesn't have any grandkids so I got the call. After taking video of them doing airplane on his feet, they want to go ahead.

This isn't something I would seek out, but I'm consenting because I think Gigi could really enjoy it. And when she's older she can say she did it.

Has anyone ever been through putting their kid in front of cameras? Gigi has a lot of confidence but I know she'll need some moral support for this with all those strangers. Any advice?

UPDATE:

We did the shoot last Friday. It was a huge production. 4 babies, a guy walking his dog, a running-down-the-hall screaming kid, other people. It took place at a private house on the grounds of a country club. The wardrobe lady bought Gigi's outfit from H&M, super casual. We got there at 12 and they didn't take us until 5 to shoot, although we tried on different clothes early on. It was really interesting and yet boring. The director really said action and cut and they had to do the airplane thing MANY times. Anyway, Gigi ended up being very at ease in front of the camera and all of the many people gathered on the perimeter of the shoot, and best of all she made $800 - more if they use the still photography! I had no idea she'd make that much. It kinda made it worth it, I have to say.

Last edited by danielle; 03-04-2013 at 09:42 AM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote