View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bedwetting EVERY night at 7 years old

It's a very good question and something we still struggle with and my DD is almost 7. She can stay dry sometimes, it goes in spurts, 3 dry nights, 2 wet, 1 dry, 3 wet etc. We take her to the bathroom when we go to bed almost every night and she has no recollection. She too, is a very deep sleeper. We tried setting her alarm clock to wake her up around 2am to go to the bathroom and it never even made her flinch, she slept right through it. It woke me up, through her closed bedroom door and our closed bedroom door, but didn't phase her at all. I remember occasionally wetting the bed at her age, like once every few months, but not regularly and it always woke me up. If we run out of pull ups and she has to sleep in undies she will be soaked in the morning and she has still slept right through it.

It complicates matters that she is a type 1 diabetic so if she has high blood sugar, that makes her pee even more. Of course we are on top of it, but some nights growth hormones make her blood sugar shoot up around 3-4 in the morning and we can't correct that until she gets up in the morning at 7:30.