View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #51
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need some info on circing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
We will have to agree to disagree on this point. I think ANYTHING people do for a cosmetic purpose can have lasting, awful effects, and can/does permanently alter the way your body typically works. Any alteration you make to your natural body can end very badly. It's part of the risk you take when you change your body to make the appearance different. Not trying to debate, but we see things differently here...
It's not that circumcision "can" affect the penis or that it "can end very badly." There is 100% chance that circumcision will effect penile sensitivity. We know that because we know that the foreskin is full of sensitive nerve endings and because we know what it's role is during intercourse.

When circumcision was really being pushed in the 1800s, doctors were claiming it was a cure for masturbation because they KNEW that it would lessen sensitivity. They figured if it was less sensitive then guys would leave it alone. (Which didn't work, btw) And back then there were all sorts of weird ideas about the effects of masturbation, so people were willing to circumcise their kids for that reason. Today, nobody would circumcise their kid for that. So along the way the medical community has argued other benefits of circumcision instead, like UTI rates and such, even when the arguments don't hold up.

I know that people do it for cosmetic reasons. I have a friend who likes to tell me how nasty and disgusting an intact penis looks. (makes me want to punch her in the face!) She said that she will circumcise her boys because "all women like a circ'd penis." For her, the issue is entirely cosmetic. She doesn't believe the foreskin has any purpose or value. And I think it's unfortunate that she cares so much about what it looks like that she refuses to recognize that circumcision WILL negatively affect sensitivity.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote