View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #502
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Aw, hope the blk one is doing better. Didn't the kids want a black one? Glad they didn't peck it. Mine always do that, hence starting the trimming thing. Just glad it worked out. I second chick vits/electrolytes. I have even given last chance chicks a tiny sprinkle of sugar in their water too. Prob not the best, but it's helped a cpl times for us as a last resort. Gave the chicks just enough enerdy to get moving and rehydrate. Same as you get dextrose in iv fluids. You can grind and offer chick starter as well if it's up for eating. Like a liquidy paste.

The ladies doing my specialties trade said the sq ones are impossible to sex. She said she would have to wait a while to send them. I need one blk and one lav roos, the rest hens. I just figured some were? I bet she just meant that the more sq, the more impossible? I dunno. I havn't learned much about them yet. Oh the hens will be lav and 1 white.

Anyone know the egg count, aprox, that a hen will produce yearly?

I've been up since 2:30. I went ahead and put together the new bator. LOVE the size!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote