View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help, in pain from pinched nerve in neck!

Last week, I pinched a nerve in my neck, and I've been in such pain from it! It starts high into my neck, then radiates throughout the back of my neck, down my left shoulder, and left arm. I cannot sit, stand, type, turn my head, lift things with my left arm, carry my son, or anything! I can't drive well, and worse of all, I CAN'T SLEEP!!!! Laying down sends the nerve flaming throughout the area putting me an agony all night long. I've tried sleeping in every different position, tried sleeping sitting up, in a recliner, in bed, and on the floor with no relief. I've tried motrin, tylenol, heat and cool compresses, and going to the chiropractor 2 times with not even the smallest releif. I've even gotten a 1 hour massage (a friend help pay for it), and although the massage helped a few hours, it went right back to the horrible pain I'm in. It happened a week ago Sunday morning when I strectched, and I heard a pop. The pain was immediate, and never let loose.

I need help and don't know what to do. I can't afford to keep trying new things, and honestly, I have no brains left as I have such lack of sleep. Its pretty painful.

My husband said I should go to urgent care, but what are they gonna do? Honestly, they will just tell me what I already have done.

At least with labor, it comes and goes with the pain, but this is panic stricken straight through freaking out awful pain.

I'm apx 16 weeks pregnant. I called my midwife, and she suggested the things I already done.